15 May 2003
The first lines of code for SwordBible 1.0 were written
25 August 2003
SwordBible 1.0 is officially released.
28 February 2006
SwordBible 2.1 is available for download
10 August 2007
SwordBible 3.0 is released that includes updates, enhancements and bug fixes. Many more modules are made available for download.
- Added support for printing the content of bibles, commentaries, and dictionaries
- Updated user interface for selecting color and font settings
- Added capability to display footnotes, lemma, morphological tags and cross-references
15 September 2007
SwordBible is updated to version 3.1 after a few minor bug fixes. Also, SwordBible is placed under GNU GPL version 2 and the source code is made avaialble. The program now uses the sword engine provided by Crosswire Bible Society.
23 December 2007
SwordBible is updated to version 3.2 after a few minor bug fixes.
1 January 2008
SwordBible 4.0 is released that includes updates, enhancements and bug fixes. Many more modules are made available for download.
- Added Verse Memorizer feature that supports creating personalized lists, and adding or removing verses from them. The Verse Memorizer comes pre-loaded with verses in 115 different categories
- Added the One Year Chronological Reading Plan that takes you through the entire bible in one year, with ability to jump to any date of the year.
01 February 2008
Started development of a version of SwordBible using wxWidgets (formerly wxWindows), a free C++ framework that facilitates cross platform software development (Win32, Mac OS X, GTK+, X11, Motif, WinCE, and more) using one codebase
March 12 2008
SwordBible is updated to version 4.1. Fixed a bug that prevented SWordBible from loading certain modules into the program.
June 04 2008
SB 5.0 is available for download .
- Upgraded to Sword engine version 1.5.11
- Added install manager for easy add/remove of modules
- Implemented a parallel feature that lets you compare the same verse from many different bible translations, using parallel columns
- Added ability to display Christ’s word in red (to support red letter edition modules)
- Fixed a bug that caused cross-references and footnotes in the bible text to be displayed incorrectly.
- Added zoom-in and split view capabilities
- The entries in the dicitonary are now easier to access (type in the partial word, and the program will search for it as you type)
- Ability to maintain custom verse lists
- Added right click menu to the windows for easier access and navigation
- Added 24 bit icon toolbars to the program
June 22 2008
SB 5.1 is available for download .
- Added Option to choose the bible version for Cross-reference tooltips
- Added Option to remember the last active verse on program exit
- Made the main toolbar dockable. Also, the main tollbar icons will now fit on the screen at 1024, 768 resolution or greater
- The user notes are stored in a different file than other settings. This would enable easy upgrading to newer versions of SB by overwriting previous installations, but without losing your notes.
- added ability to choose from multiple daily bible reading plans
- added right-click menu, select all, and zoom feature to daily bible
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect print preview
July 22 2008
SB 5.2 is available for download .
- You can now save search results to a personal verse list with a couple of clicks
- Search term appears highlighted “red” in the search results
- Daily Bible Reading plan is coupled with the daily devotions dialog
- Database is now compacted to save space
- Added right-click menu, select all, and zoom feature to daily devotional
- Added ability to maintain custom daily bible reading plans. Also, you can mark the daily readings as “completed” to keep track of your progress.
- Fixed a bug in add/remove bookmark. Accessing a verse through bookmark will highlight the verse.
- Layout and position of the main window is now restored on program start
- In addition to the selection from book/chapter tree, desired bible verse can be typed directly into a quick verse toolbar. You have the option to show/hide this toolbar. The quick verse toolbar keeps track of its verse history for easy access later
August 17 2008
SB 5.3 is available for download .
- Parallel bible view uses rich text
- Selection of bibles, commentaries, etc. using a popup menu from toolbar (instead of tabbed view)
- Database is indexed for greater speed
- Copy manager (copy a custom range of verses and send them to study notes or verse lists)
- Added a compare feature, which is a row-based parallel view, showing current verse for all translations.
- Fixed a minor bug in synchronization of notes/commentaries with the main bible window
- Added ability to load general books (aka “GenBooks”) into the program
December 30 2008
SB 5.31 is available for download .
- Reduced size of main toolbar icons
- Scripture references are displayed in the bottom left window instead of popups
- Dictionaries are slighlty better behaved
- Verse references are recognized in user notes
- User browse history
24 Jan 2009
SB 5.32 is available for download.
- Quickly look up a word in dictionary using right click in the bible
- Cross-Links Manager
- The last used bible version is remembered on program exit (and restored on startup)
- Fixed a bug so that the last read verse is now restored on SB startup
- Updated Documentation
07 Feb 2009
SB 5.33 is available for download.
- Multi Word and Regular Expression Searching
- Right click word search and dictionary lookup functions in commentaries
- Reduced number of icons in main toolbar
- Updated Documentation
27 Feb 2009
SB 5.4 is available for download.
- Flexible layout using dockable windows
- Capability to search general books and daily devotional
- Verse text in scripture reference window, verselist window, and general books are hyperlinked (to the main bible window)
- Right Click word lookup in general books, daily devotional, verse list and daily bible
- Added Rename List option to verse lists
- Improved parallel display of bibles
- Updated Documentation
6 March 2009
A portable version of SB 5.4 is made available. This version follows the official specifications for portable applications
March 11 2009
SwordBible 5.41 is released (both PC and Portable/USB version)
- Scripture Memory game
- Hyperlinked Cross-references and footnotes in verse lists, study view, and daily bible
- Strong and Morph numbers are not displayed in study view and daily bible
- Right click in the bible to add verse to a verse list
- Use main menu to get information about a particular bible version (such as KJV), commentary, book or devotional.
01 September 2009
SB 5.42 is available for download (Both PC and Portable versions)
- In the parallel view, clicking on a verse number will move the commentary to that verse
- Updated the verse list toolbar
- Fixed a font bug in scripture memory game
- Fixed a bug with zoom feature in the parallel bibles display
- Custom drawn main menu with icons
- Updated Splash Screen